My name is Ed O'Keeffe and I have been taking photographs, for as long as I can remember. Photography is my passion. Thank you very much for visiting my website and taking an interest in my photographs.
Family remember me as a five year old, setting up my camera and tripod on a street in Cork, Ireland. Long story short, the traffic came to a stop to watch this little boy taking pictures. Sadly, I don't know where the black and white film is, to confirm the story. By the age of nine, my father had taught me the basics of film developing and printing in the darkroom.
Before long my dad became interested in the idea of digital photography. Initially with Adobe Photoshop 5 and a film scanner. As a teenage computer geek, I was keen to see what this Photoshop could do. What my father had taught me about photography, I started to teach him about the computer. Finally in 2005, we got a 5 megapixel digital compact camera. Suddenly, I started taking thousands of pictures. Now that the "film" was free it was so liberating to be able to experiment and see the results instantly on the back of the camera.
How the website started
Seeing my interest in computers, my uncle Michael sat down over the holidays in 2001 to teach me the basics of HTML. The family home had yet to get the internet but in less than a year, I was online and putting horribly designed websites on Yahoo's Geocities!
Over the next few years, I wanted to show my friends and family the art and design work from school. By 2005 I was starting to share my photographs online. At first as galleries from the various places I had been with the camera. My friend Aidan suggested sharing my photographs in a blog format and this site was started.
Exploring the world with my camera. Since leaving England in July 2012, so far I have explored Dubai, Thailand, Cambodia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Australia. Now living and working in Auckland, New Zealand for the next few months.
- I have flown a Cessna 172 aircraft (including take off and landing)
- I have been to London, Paris, Manchester and New York in the same weekend
- I swam in Lough Mask – Ireland
- I have no brothers or sisters, but many great cousins
- I snorkelled in Maya Bay, Thailand
- My mother passed away when I was 15 months old
- I have a degree in design and art direction
- I jumped off Sky Tower in Auckland
- I worked on at a TV station on a drama show
- I stood on the 124th floor of the world's tallest building (Burj Khalifa, Dubai)
- I went to speech and drama school almost every Saturday for 13 years
- I once walked 60 miles in just over 24 hours (Bogle Stroll)
- My name means cool, calm and together, Edward has a sensible head on his shoulders and is unflappable, a good friend who is loyal
- The O'Keeffe family motto is "To the brave and faithful man nothing is difficult"
If you have any questions or comments please get in touch on my contact page